Situations vacant ads that appear in Travel Today automatically appear on this page for 7 days. This can be extended by request
Public Relations Specialist, NZ
Tourism Fiji has an opportunity for a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about tourism in Fiji, to be part of the team in Auckland, to champion the public relations strategy and other earned media activities in the New Zealand market.
The role will report to the Regional Manager NZ and be responsible for developing PR objectives and strategies, with the implementation of these as very much “hands-on”.
The person we are looking for must have the passion, experience, and skills to ultimately help drive visitor numbers from New Zealand to Fiji, a key source market for the island nation. They will be responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relations with all New Zealand and Fiji based industry stakeholders and partners. The position requires sound administration skills with a can do attitude, a good understanding of the New Zealand media landscape and established relationships.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree in either Tourism, Marketing, Communications or equivalent field with at least 3 years experience in campaign marketing, marketing communications or media engagement.
Applications, with a covering letter, resume and salary expectation should be emailed to
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 26 January 2018 and interviews will be conducted shortly
For more information contact Sonya Lawson,
Regional Manager NZ
WE ARE HIRING
Experienced Wholesale Consultant
World Journeys is looking for a Senior Wholesale Consultant in a full time role selling intricate and diverse FIT itineraries around the world as well as our range of fully Escorted Journeys.
You must have in-depth knowledge of several World Journeys destinations, 3 years minimum experience in a similar environment, strong computer skills and attention to detail.
Airfares and ticketing knowledge would be an advantage.
We offer a hardworking but fun atmosphere and good remuneration for the right person.
Applications in writing only please.
Submit by Friday 02 Feb 2018
Fax: (09) 360 7313
PO Box 47954 Ponsonby 1144
Account Executive, South African Airways
The Walshe Group is seeking a dynamic self-motivated individual with a passion for airline sales to fill the part-time Position (working 4 days a week) of Account Executive dedicated to the South African Airways Account. The individual who fills this Role will be focused on developing revenue streams for SAA and involved with promoting destination Africa to Travel Agents and the general public.
Key Responsibilities will include;
• Identify key areas of growth and Revenue opportunity for SAA
• Maintain productive contact with current and potential new Trade accounts by developing a defined sales call schedule and attending functions and events as required.
• Deliver a professional and informative sales message aligned to the airlines key objectives
• Seek ongoing market intelligence and monitor market trends and competitor product developments
• Build and maintain relationships with key customers and stakeholders
Applicants must possess the following attributes;
• Previous Airline or Travel Industry Travel Experience and knowledge of African tourism & key destinations would be an advantage. (note, applicants without previous relevant experience will not be considered)
• A thorough understanding of airline terminology , airfare structure and travel industry distribution channels and processes
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Exceptional presentation skills, along with sound time management and organizational ability
• Thorough knowledge of MS office, including PowerPoint
• Flexibility with a willingness to adapt to the various requirements of the role including some after-hours work and out of town travel
• Applicants must have a current driver’s license and own car
Applications should be forwarded by Friday 26 January by email to;
Air and Product Manager, Dunedin/Queenstown
Join our New Zealand Product Division and help frontline sales staff grow their Air and Land expertise.
• New Zealand’s largest and fastest growing travel company, recognised as one of NZ’s Best Large Workplace – 13 years running!
• Unbeatable vibrant company culture and parties based on reward & recognition
• Free confidential financial and health advice, incentive trips, corporate uniform, career development and progression opportunities + more!
About the role
Joining our dedicated team of Air & Product Managers you’ll be assisting front line sales staff (Travel Experts) by providing dedicated air and product support to ensure our customers are being provided with the best travel options. You’ll also be proactive in coaching and driving individuals to achieve sales opportunities.
Based in Queenstown or Dunedin you will look after the Travel Experts in our ‘Wild South’ area. This includes stores in Otago, Gore, Invercargill and Timaru.
What we’re looking for
• In-depth AIRFARE and LAND knowledge from your previous travel consulting, sales or industry training experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as impressive trouble shooting abilities
• Previous experience or proven ability to inspire and coach as well as create confidence and a desire to see company growth through increased sales.
• Travel is involved; therefore you will also need to have a clean full NZ Drivers Licence.
Please note: You will have access to a company vehicle for travelling between stores.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to utilise your expert knowledge to help individuals be experts themselves!
To apply now, visit: https://www.flightcentrecareers.co.nz/?job=4344TT
We’re expanding and on the hunt for a fun & passionate Marketing Coordinator!
Do you have hands-on experience developing Marketing campaigns and material and have a passion for travel? Then this could be for you.
What you need to have:
* Formal marketing qualifications and knowledge of the travel market
* Preferably 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing environment
* Capable multi-tasker with creative and innovative ideas
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Organized, responsible and efficient
* Great written and verbal communication skills
SOUND LIKE YOU?
To apply, forward your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
with the position in the subject line by Wednesday 24 January 2018
Intermediate/Senior Travel Consultant – Adventure Travel Wellington
At Adventure Travel, we’re not just about travel. We are about creating extraordinary experiences for our clients through our shared passion for out of the ordinary destinations.
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right consultant to join our team.
This is your opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment taking clients to some diverse and amazing destinations. South America, Africa, the Arctic and Antarctica as well as Asia and Europe – all over the world to some of the most visited places, as well as to some of the most unique and off-the-beaten-track destinations.
The successful candidate will have:
• A passion for creating unique travel itineraries and experiences
• Personal travel experience, particularly to our key destinations
• A comprehensive knowledge of long haul product
• Minimum two years travel consultancy experience
• Excellent communication skills and a strong team player with a positive outlook
• Proven sales records and ability to meet targets
• Enthusiasm for providing outstanding customer service and drive to be the best
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure and a high level of attention to detail.
To apply click here and view the full advert on Seek.
Any questions email: [email protected]
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant
Orbit World Travel Wellington is the corporate division of The House of Travel Wellington Group. We are a growing, award winning travel brand with a strong future. Orbit Wellington is the largest Orbit office in New Zealand made up of a dedicated team of people who work hard to deliver a high level of service to our clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated experienced consultant to join our team. You will manage a portfolio of corporate accounts working in a fast paced but rewarding working environment.
You will have:
• Minimum 3 years international travel experience
• Extensive personal travel experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of travel product and a proven sales record
• A high level of attention to detail and time management skills
• You work well under pressure and keep your cool in busy times
• You are a strong team player with a positive outlook and passion to achieve great results
• Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position
To view the full advert, benefits and to apply, please CLICK HERE
Any questions email: [email protected]
Groups & Events Team
Two full time permanent positions, based in Wellington CBD
Orbit Groups & Events are one of New Zealand’s premier groups and events specialists. We manage groups and events of all budgets and sizes, around the world. Group travel and event Management – it’s what we live and breathe!
We have 2 vacancies within the Groups & Events Team; a Consultant and a Team Leader.
The successful candidates will have excellent relationship management skills, be confident and enjoy engaging with clients both over the phone and assisting at their events.
This role will suit someone who has Domestic experience. They will need to take ownership of one of our large accounts and enhance what and how we support them. You will be a team player, as you will work closely with your team to coordinate and group events and travel.
To apply, CLICK HERE
Any questions email: [email protected]
Team Leader (Domestic):
We are looking for an experienced travel consultant to be our new team leader who will assist twelve Consultants who work on a variety of events, conferences and group travel bookings for domestic travel.
The focus of this role is to be the go to person in the team, manage daily workflow and manage multiple projects across the team to ensure they are delivered to our clients seamlessly.
You will thrive working in a busy environment, juggling priorities and meeting deadlines.
To apply: CLICK HERE
For any questions, please contact Kirsty Ahern: [email protected]
Intermediate/Senior Travel Consultant, Orbit World Travel
At Orbit World Travel, we’re not just about travel. We are about creating extraordinary experiences for our clients through our shared passion for out of the ordinary destinations.
We are seeking a professional intermediate to senior travel consultant to join our small team based in our satellite office at Massey University campus in Albany, Auckland. The working hours will be 9am-3pm, 5 days per week. No after hours of weekend work necessary.
This is a great varied role, where you will work closely with one other, servicing one major client, where you will not only provide corporate business travel, but also end to end leisure travel. You will also work closely with the team based at Massey, Palmerston North.
We are looking for someone who thrives on providing high quality customer service and who has proven experience providing expert travel solutions. You will be confident and have excellent relationship management skills.
You will be joining a supportive team who looks out for each other, and is motivated and focused on serving our client, delivering great results.
To apply, click here to take you to the full advert on Seek.
Any questions email: [email protected]