Airline Marketing New Zealand, the representative for several international airlines in New Zealand, is seeking a dynamic Sales Manager dedicated to the Air Canada account.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Be the face of Air Canada in the New Zealand market with primary focus on building relationships, training and incentivizing frontline travel agency selling staff
- Identify opportunities to increase existing business and market share growth with travel agency and corporate business
- Develop sales plans in order to implement sales strategies as directed by GM of Air Canada Australia & New Zealand and GM of Airline Marketing New Zealand
- Prepare sales call schedule on a weekly basis, ensuring agencies & accounts of responsibility are serviced and maintained
- Schedule regular training, product updates and presentations and attend trade/consumer promotions
- Continually liaise and interact with dedicated Sales Support team
- Monitor performance data & KPI’s pertaining to sales and revenue
- Prepare monthly reports for airline management on sales and marketing growth results, competitive activity and recommend changes to ensure results are achieved
- Negotiate and manage business supplier relationships with both retail and corporate travel management company decision-makers
Experience and Qualifications:
- Airline or Travel industry sales experience is desired, minimum of two years preferred
- Sound knowledge of the New Zealand travel industry with existing relationships with key agencies and their frontline staff will be highly regarded
- Enthusiasm, willingness and ability to work with and build solid relationships with all levels of the travel industry – from travel consultants through to senior management.
- A passion for sales essential with demonstrated sales experience of regularly exceeding sales targets
- A degree of working autonomously will be required so must have good worth ethic, be self motivated and trustworthy
- Strong negotiating, influencing, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication, selling and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to perform under pressure in a competitive sales environment
- Good computer skills, proficiency in MS Applications including PowerPoint
The successful applicant must be a Permanent Resident and hold citizenship of New Zealand, hold a valid New Zealand Driver’s License and have their own vehicle.
We are looking for the next Air Canada star to represent us in New Zealand, if you think you can be successful in this rare and exciting role, and are keen join our team in New Zealand, please tell us why in your application by forwarding your resume and cover letter by 6pm on Wednesday 17 August to email: email@example.com