Marketing Executive, New Zealand, Destination NSW
- Opportunity to work for Destination NSW
- Based in Auckland
- 2-year fixed term contract role
About Destination NSW
Destination NSW is the lead agency, champion and voice for the visitor economy within the NSW Government. Spearheading a whole-of-government approach to visitor economy growth, Destination NSW is responsible for leading the delivery of the NSW Visitor Economy Strategy 2030 in partnership with government and industry. See destinationnsw.com.au for further details.
About The Role:
The Marketing Executive, New Zealand is based in Auckland and assists the Country Manager, New Zealand in the implementation cooperative partnership marketing campaigns, consumer direct
marketing campaigns, media content partnerships as well as the coordination and execution of trade marketing projects for the New Zealand market. The role also provides administration support in the day-to-day operation of the office including basic account and bookkeeping functions.
Applying for the Role:
Applicants should respond to the following two targeted questions in a covering letter [maximum two pages] as well as supplying an up-to-date copy of their resume [maximum five pages] with relevant skills and experience and identifying how these relate to the requirements of the role.
- Outline your experience in working within the travel industry in the New Zealand market and your experience in building partner relationships.
- Provide an overview of your experience in implementing co-operative partnership marketing programs and provide an example of a co-operative marketing campaign that you implemented
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field.
- A sound track record in office administration, basic account and book keeping functions.
- Knowledge and experience in the travel and tourism industry, including an understanding of the local distribution network.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to establishing positive relationships with trade partners.
- Destination marketing experience.
- The proven ability to plan, prioritise, organise, monitor and co-ordinate workloads and meet deadlines under pressure.
- High level organisational time management skills.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and take the initiative.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and able to use other online platforms such as Monday.com, SalesForce, Atlassian.com etc.
What’s On Offer
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy operating in a hands-on role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities in a
challenging and highly competitive market.
Closing date: Friday 29 July 2022 at 11.59pm
Enquiries: Mrs Sam Cameron, Country Manager, New Zealand on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and an up-to-date resume. Applications will only be accepted via email to: email@example.com
As a condition of employment at Destination NSW, preferred applicants will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status or a valid medical contraindication certificate.