Commercial Manager, Field Sales
Purpose of the role
The Commercial Manager (NZ) is an Auckland-based role, accountable for achieving the commercial targets for Amadeus for a designated portfolio of Field Sales accounts.
He/she ensures the acquisition, retention and growth of Amadeus revenue (booking and TA IT revenue), for maintaining and growing Amadeus’ high customer satisfaction levels, for developing and maintaining senior-level relationships with key agency groups, such as First Travel Group, Helloworld, GTN and others.
Working with various internal teams, the Commercial Manager is directly accountable for managing and growing existing Field Sales in the assigned Territory.
In addition he/she identifies and closes new business opportunities, in order to expand the Amadeus business and grow our profitability.
This role reports to the Head of Commercial (Pacific).
- Ensuring high customer satisfaction and Amadeus business growth
- Supporting the creation and execution of the Field Sales strategy, as well as managing designated Field Sales accounts in New Zealand.
- Pipeline management for Retention, Acquisition and Development opportunities
- The entire customer sales and success cycle from senior relationships building, lead generation, commercial proposal, business cases creation, contract negotiation and closure with a goal to achieve commercial objectives
- Input to and the following of processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and the attainment of the overall business objectives
- Representation of customer needs in the relevant internal forums related to product and service strategy and investments.
- Driving IT Sales and ensure overall product adoption
- Being the Senior face of the Amadeus business in New Zealand at Amadeus, Industry and customer events and functions
- Being across industry challenges, opportunities, trends and proactively sharing that intelligence within the business.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally as required is a pre-requisite.
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline is highly regarded
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is mandatory
- Knowledge of the Travel Industry IT systems and processes (GDS system knowledge well regarded)
- Advanced PC Skills and ability to work and master a variety of different software applications and processes
- Proven ability to create and grow senior leadership relationship with customers and Travel industry bodies
- Extensive sales and management experience within B2B company within the Travel industry
- Proven sales record
- Proven sales leadership experience and skills
- Well developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Financial and analytical skills, budgeting and business case experience
- Strong organizational and implementation skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances
- Time Management and Administration skills
- Knowledge of IT & travel industry software products, specifically GDS, including distribution
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Click HERE to apply